THIS PROG: I talk to my good friend and my best man, Robin Deacon. It was bound to happen sooner or later. We talk about the nature of performance, the nature of reality and authenticity, audiences and many other intangibles.
Robin is Assistant Professor of Performance at the School of the Art Institute of Chicago. He’s also a seasoned performance artist. A what?
I also review Hostess Snowballs, so you don’t have to.
- Grey, a play by Robin Deacon, Gren Wilson, and featuring (starring?) your host
- School of the Art Institute of Chicago – look who it is
- Robin’s performances
- Harry & Me (script and video)
- Whatever Happened to Colin Powell? (script and video)
- Dispatches (script and video)
- Confessions of an Idiot (video) – note lack of microphone
- The Costello Show (script and video)
- Faking It: The Quest for Authenticity in Popular Music – excellent book
- Hilarious photoshopped album covers featuring Robin’s face that I did for his birthday many years ago.
- Some people you may be interested in
- UbuWeb – performance art archive
- Aquascutum clothes – Robin and I worked in the warehouse over the summer
As I’m sure you enjoyed watching some of the videos linked to above, I would also like to take this opportunity to say, “Where’s my camera operator credit, you god damned rat bastard?”