THIS PROG: I had to take the opportunity to chat with Robin again, as he was staying with me in San Francisco while doing some filming for his current big project.
We discuss all sorts of nonsense, in a very relaxed manner, due solely to the lateness of the hour and business of the day. We also jointly review Mrs Freshley’s Dreamies, an homage to the late lamented Hostess Twinkie, that I picked up in Carmel Valley (that and so much else besides).
- This episode is brought to you (not sponsored) by Jura Single Malt Whisky.
- Ghost Box – “a record label for a group of artists who find inspiration in folklore, vintage electronics, library music and haunted television soundtracks.”
- Scarfolk Council – “Scarfolk is a town in North West England that did not progress beyond 1979. Instead, the entire decade of the 1970s loops ad infinitum.”
- A live performance of Warm Coiled Leatherette Spring, by longtime Coiled Spring musical collaborators Probe.
- Megablast by Bomb The Bass – classic mix from 1988, complete with obligatory samples from Vietnam war films. Tune based on theme to Assault On Precinct 13.
- John Wyndham’s style
- Gallery of Pelican text books with great designs
- Is David Cronenberg in charge of DEFRA?