THIS PROG: In the first of three interviews I recorded on my recent trip to The Old Country, I talk to my good friend, ex-neighbour and academic, Dr James Kneale.
He’s a lecturer in Geography at University College London, so I went to his archetypal academic’s office (piles of books, students knocking on the door*, dying spider plants) to talk to him about his work, his side-project music blog, and the news of the day.
Show Notes and Links
Academia & Books
- Dr Kneale talking about the booze
- Various papers & publications by Dr Kneale
- UCL, University College London
- UCL SOAS
- HP Lovecraft – “Senior land-owning Tories have the Innsmouth look“
- Clark Ashton Smith
- Robert Bloch
Music (some clips used in the show, so think of these as credits)
- Both Bars On – music blog – “never knowingly on the pop pulse”
- The Quietus
- Flange Circus – Bon Holloway of Both Bars On’s band
- Skronk – such as Peter Brötzmann
- Cut It! – title track from Blurt’s 2010 album
- That Rod Stewart Motown Song
- D-I-Y Do It Yourself – music compilation including Blurt and Glaxo Babies, and many many more!
- In the Space Capsule (Love Theme) from Flash Gordon, covered by Teeth of the Sea
Movies & Stuff
Soda & Snacks
* well once, after the interview. At a scheduled time. Begrudge me my illusory cliché, would you?